Friday, March 1, 2013

Cut flowers

Good morning to you all.....and happy March! I don't know about where you are, but this week? The weather has been just the pits. Cold and rainy. I mean, if it's going to be cold, it might as well snow! I went to college in northern Ohio and I have got to say that I abhor cold rain with all of my being.

So, here's to turning the corner. Let's get this party started, spring.....; )

One of the secretaries at my school retired this week. My friend and I decided that we would give her some flowers and a card.

I made a stop at the local grocery store and looked over the manager's selection of flowers. Two white hydrangea stems for $1.99? Check! Got two of them.

I went outside and cut some seed heads from my ornamental grasses (that need to be cut back and soon)....and.....



I even had one left over for myself. Guaranteed to brighten anyone's day, much less someone who is retiring. : ) Maybe I need to just check the bargain flower bin to get past my winter blahs.

I did chuckle at this comment....the other secretary said, "Did those come from your garden???" I wish!!!

Hurrah to the weekend!

No comments: