Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Meet the Flinstones

Hey, there....I hope all is good in your part of the world.

Let's see....what have I been up to lately?


Well, I am trying hard to get/stay caught up with my favorite shows (I wrote "shoes" by accident--yes, I am trying to keep up with them, too).....Grey's.....The Good Wife....Downton Abbey....Modern Family....my latest obsession, Mad Men, season 4, and my newest FAVE....Nashville! I'm can't get enough of that one.

We painted our basement over the weekend...many projects to come with that. I'll post pics soon. We also hosted our nephew for a few nights. He's 11, so needless to say, my kids were very excited to have him here. My son actually cried when his dad came to pick him up. :(

And last, but most certainly not least, I participated in our school lip-synching show. The teacher act. All cartoon skits. And guess who I was? That's right, Bam-Bam.

How does one make a Bam-Bam costume? Take notes...

Cover beloved orange college cap with black triangles cut from felt squares.


 Cover orange skirt borrowed from friend, too.


Make pom-pom for hat. I used my phone to make it the right size!


Attach pom-pom to hat.


Add a club, nude-colored cami (layered over another for support and coverage) to resemble small boy. Also add husband's belt with a bone.


Okay, so Bam-Bam did not wear leggings, but what would be WAY too much skin showing.

And the last accessory for Bam-Bam? Duh....Pebbles, of course. My good friend.....


Done and done.

1 comment:

Fred Reeder Jr. said...

A. It's always nice when "Bowling Green" is covered up.
B. I should've waited to type this until I looked at the last picture, where you clearly have a weapon.