Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Fashion lately

I hope all of you lovely people had a nice holiday....we sure did. My kids are happily awaiting the arrival of several inches of snow. We'll be able to put to good use our year-old boots, snow pants and sled.

My sewing room has been a disaster area for the last week and a half. Seriously. A pit.

I did snap some pics of what I made for some gifts. And some not. I'll be sharing some of those in the next week or so.

I'll be keeping busy cleaning up that pit in the next few days. In the meantime, here are a few pics I snapped of a few recent outfits.

First up, a red jumper that I bought a really long time ago at one of those clearance sales where the clothes are in boxes sorted by size. 


Leggings: Old Navy; Black t-shirt: Target; Booties: Kohl's; jumper: clearance sale (Limited)

The jumper had these weird pockets on the front along the seam that ran down over the hips. They gapped out, so I had a tailor sew them shut. So glad I did!

Here is a skirt that I made out of a shrunken sweater.


Sweater skirt: recycled from cashmere sweater, leggings: Old Navy,
boots: Target, top: Kohl's

The skirt is a bit short, so I have to wear it with something that is longer and comes down farther.


I hope you are warm and cozy wherever you are....or if you're out and about in the Midwest, you're taking care on the slick roads!

No comments: