Saturday, November 3, 2012

Fall porch pots

Well, I can't believe that November is upon us. It has been quite a ride since school started. I've been teaching more band this fall than I ever have and it's definitely made the time fly by. I've been neglecting my blog a bit, so here are some pics of my front porch pots.

We started with this at the end of the summer.


I was a bit sad to see this one go....though I had to refresh it halfway through the summer, it turned out great. I pulled out just about all of it, except the sweet potato vine.

In went ornamental cabbage, mums and pansies.


It doesn't look like much here. In fact, I think this is before it got watered after planting and it all looks a bit wilty. One plant I did taking a liking to this fall is my mustard plant.


The texture on the leaves is amazinga nd it has gotten more and more purple as the fall has gone by. 

Here are some pics of my porch pots from about 3-4 weeks ago. Blooms just coming on the mums and starting to show a hint of color on the cabbage.




And.....here they are now.



The remains of the hurricane and the cold temps have decimated the sweet potato vine, but everything else looks great. I'm not crazy that the purples of the cabbage and the mums don't match...so I'll keep that in mind for next year!

In a few weeks, we'll be working in some Christmas. : )

1 comment:

Fred Reeder Jr. said...

Loved our porch this year! Wait - did we get those pots approved by the neighborhood association?