Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Designer shades

Anyone else out there in disbelief that we are about a week away from Thanksgiving? I suppose it falls super early this year. I can't say I'm terribly disappointed about having a more prolonged time between Thanksgiving and Christmas.....more time to get Christmas stuff done is never a bad thing in my book.

I took advantage of the beautiful weather we had last weekend to snap some pics of fall color around the yard. I've been burning it up a bit in my craft room, so I'll be posting some of that soon.

I seem to forget each year how great the Japanese barberrys look in fall color.





The new Virginia sweetspires have shown some great fall color....I can't wait until they are a little bigger to show off more of those reds. The leaves stay on for a long time, too.



I've really enjoyed this plant....my perennial geranium 'Tiny Monster.' There are a few purple blooms coming on with the reds and maroons.







Last, but certainly not least.....red maple.





Are you still seeing fall color where you are?

Copy_of_001

3 comments:

lo @ crazy ever after said...

Our fall is completely gone. I shall live vicariously through these pictures. :)

Fred Reeder Jr. said...

Love the colors! But tell me, o landscaping guru, why does our one tree have such beautiful color while the other tree is already bare? Aren't they the same trees?

One Mother Hen said...

I love the colours in the geranium plant. It's almost Summer her in Australia, everything is green and the flower colour in the garden is beautiful.