Sunday, June 10, 2012

A small step for laundry room organization.....

Now that summer is here, I am looking forward to some serious pool time with the kids. Our neighborhood pool opened a few weeks ago and so it was time to move the beach towels down to the laundry room from the upstairs linen closet. A sure sign that summer is here!


Our laundry room is right off the garage entry, so it's really nice for the kids to come in wet and take off their suits as soon as they enter. The towels are on a shelf right above the dryer.


I also have a set of hooks that hang on the door where I can hang towels and wet swimsuits! It also functions well for the wintertime, when we can hang wet snow clothes.


Recently, I was looking at the walls of the laundry room, trying to figure out a place where I can hang my purse. I love utilizing wall space for organization. I had been keeping my purse on the counter or hanging on the door hooks. Or.....on the washer. Not so good when the spin cycle is going.


Here is the spot behind the door where we keep a few utility items out of sight.


I had a double hook that came with the house in the master closet. I took it down, since it didn't work for us there. It has since been living in the bathroom drawer. Doing nothing!


I decided to put it to use here. I wanted to put it on a stud, since it would be holding a (sometimes) heavy purse.

Luckily, the hook covers the holes where I missed the stud.

And here is the hook, set into the hardware.


And with my purse....


I'm glad it ended up as a double hook. It's really nice to have a spot for my purse (or two) and even a scarf or other accessory.


This room is slated for a little paint and upgrades. Why not make the laundry room a space you enjoy a bit if you have to be in there?


This is a step in the right direction. : )



Party Time......
Time Travel Thursday at The Brambleberry Cottage
Fridays Unfolded at Stuff and Nonsense
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Show and Share Day at Just a Girl
Simply Creations Link Party at Simple Home Life
Addicts (not so) Anonymous Addicted to Decorating
Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table and Dreaming
Project Parade at The DIY Showoff
Creative Bloggers' Party and Hop at Homemaker on a Dime
Tip-Toe Thru Tuesday at Crayon Freckles
Pinspirational Thursday at The Artsy Girl Connection
Make the Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill
Sunday Salvation at Sassafras Salvation
Tuesday Talent Show at Chef n Training
Flaunt Your Flowers  at Tootsie Time
What I Wore/What's Up Wednesday at Rae Gun Ramblings
Sunday Roundup at A Rosie Sweet Home
Overflowing with Creativity at It's Overflowing

1 comment:

Fred Reeder Jr. said...

The rugs! How can you forget the RUGS! They make it so nice to stand there when you're doing the laundry.