Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ombre toes

I've been noticing ombre clothes lately in the magazines. I really love the look! Although I don't have any ombre clothes (note: try to dye it myself??? new idea percolating...), I've also noticed some ombre manicures in some of my mags.


I decided to give it a try. Can't try the trend in clothes--or not brave enough? Go low commitment with your nails.


I started with one of my fave blue polishes and a white.




I painted my big toe the original blue color, straight from the bottle. To achieve one shade lighter, I added a few drops of white. I used the blue nail polish brush to mix, since I didn't want to get blue into the white.




For each subsequent toenail, I added a few more drops and mixed. Here, you can see the orignal shade, then the next lighter, then the third shade being mixed in the middle.




Once I was done painting, I made sure I cleaned my original blue brush of the lighter shades so the blue wouldn't lighten in the bottle.




Voila....ombre toenails.




I think it could be interesting to try this with a black polish and go darker with each shade. Maybe for next winter. This blue is quite nice for spring, I think.


Mom, this next shot is for you. xox




Here's to livin' on the edge.




Party Time......
Time Travel Thursday at The Brambleberry Cottage
Fridays Unfolded at Stuff and Nonsense
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Show and Share Day at Just a Girl
Simply Creations Link Party at Simple Home Life
Addicts (not so) Anonymous Addicted to Decorating
Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table and Dreaming
Project Parade at The DIY Showoff
Creative Bloggers' Party and Hop at Homemaker on a Dime
Tip-Toe Thru Tuesday at Crayon Freckles
Pinspirational Thursday at The Artsy Girl Connection
Make the Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill
Sunday Salvation at Sassafras Salvation
Tuesday Talent Show at Chef n Training
Flaunt Your Flowers  at Tootsie Time
What I Wore/What's Up Wednesday at Rae Gun Ramblings
Sunday Roundup at A Rosie Sweet Home
Overflowing with Creativity at It's Overflowing

3 comments:

Andie Jaye said...

too cute! i love fun toes... especially now that it's flip-flop season! i'd toe-tally love it if you linked this up to my party on tuesday!

Rose Jesky said...

Thanks for sharing this great idea with us at The Sunday Round Up.
Rose
@ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/

Unknown said...

just love the look of ombre! Thanks for sharing it with us at tip toe thru tuesday! Hope you'll stop by and link up tomorrow too, we will be having a nice Mother's Day giveaway!
Kim
tiarasandbowties.blogspot.com