Sunday, January 8, 2012

No more holidays....but it's still winter....

Hey, hey, hey...well, here we are, knee-deep into January. Perhaps I have alluded to my feelings before in this forum, but I kinda hate January and February. I really have a hard time getting excited about anything in these two months. And just last week, I posted about how much I hate New Year's Eve. I bet you can hardly stand the positive vibes emanating from my blog!!


It's cold. It gets dark early. When I get home, I want to do nothing but curl up on the couch for the rest of the night. Now that I have children, I cannot do such a thing. They want to do things not related to curling up on the couch. And they have to be fed.


It's gotten a little better in the last few years. My daughter's birthday is this week. That makes for a little bit of fun and excitement. : ) My birthday is at the end of February. That, along with the Golden Globes next week, makes up the extent of my post-holiday, winter excitement. Having Christmas s^&* going on during December is about the only thing that makes that month any fun and tolerable. 


Sorry about being a little MIA last week....we started back to school and said daughter's party is this weekend, so I've been a bit preoccupied with all of that! Returning to the kiddies at school after about 2.5 weeks off was shock to the system. It was a nice long break. : )


So....I will be beating the winter blues by guest posting with Emily over at Domestic Deadline this week about just that. 


domesticdeadline.blogspot.com


And I got some new little things done around the abode to show off to you all. So stay tuned!

No comments: