Monday, November 21, 2011

Natural elements wreath

Last weekend, I did one last fall craft....I've had this grapevine wreath for a long time and I haven't known quite what I wanted to do with it.

But when I found some seedpods on the ground outside of my classroom last week and I thought they would look great on a wreath.....

So, I started with this.....


I also had some fall-ish beads....


I used my wire clippers to cut the small stems of beads off the larger stem. Then, I used my glue gun to attach the beads and the seedpods to the wreath.


I have no idea from what tree those seedpods come, I just thought they'd look neat!


I really like the look of a wreath over a mirror and it adds a seasonal touch to that wall. I have seen some cool fall wreaths that have feathers in them.....so I may add those next year!

That's it for fall this year....which is good, since we got a jump on the Christmas decorating this weekend. : )

2 comments:

Kelly @ Corner of Main said...

Cute wreath!
I stumbled on your blog today...I am having a crochet related giveaway tomorrow...stop by!

Cindy @ Cinsarah said...

Such a simple yet gorgeous wreath!