Saturday, October 29, 2011

Big boy room details

Good morning and happy weekend to all! I woke up this morning and we have had some widespread frost here this morning.....I could not believe the news reports predicting six inches of snow for parts of the East Coast. Not ready for that!
Today, I have some last details to share about my nephew's room redo. Here are a few pics of the finished product...


The lamp on the dresser came from IKEA. I love how it picks up the green in the room. I put it on a timer so it will turn on right before bedtime and turn off a few hours after the little guy drifts off to sleep. I LOVE timers.....once the holidays arrive, I probably ten timers working various holiday lights!!



My sis wanted to display Dominic's first shoes. I wish there was an updated version of the bronze baby shoes! We thought about putting them in a shadow box, but I could not find one deep enough for the shoes. Most of the shadow boxes I found in stores or online were only 1-2" deep. So, I decided to get a display box at the craft box and it looks great! I figured that it could be repurposed someday for something else as he gets older, too.




I also wanted to come up with a unique way to display his silver and pewter cups. I put cup hooks into the shelf above and hung them.




We have relatives in Norway that send the cutest hats and sweaters for the kids. I added a hook rail for his hats. The hook rails is from IKEA.




My sister also wanted to display my nephew's first pool floatie, since he spends a lot of time swimming with his dad in the summertime. I bought a shadow box designed for a doll at the craft store and cut off the arm parts.



I used my trusty can of kelly green spray paint and gave this globe stand an update.



One of my favorite things in the room is the paper lanterns. These come in a huge variety of colors and sizes....and they are inexpensive! They could be great decor for a party as well. I am thinking about using some for my daughter's future big girl room.



Hope you have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Jen @ Domesticated Nomad said...

Love it! I really love the roman shades. Did you make them?

Justin DeSilva said...

Hi Jennifer,
I saw that you used kelly green spray paint on your globe stand. By any chance do you know who makes it, or where you bought it?

I'm desperately searching for that color!

Thanks

Justin DeSilva said...
This comment has been removed by the author.