Sunday, May 1, 2011

Guerrilla warfare

I'd like to share a website I love. Today, May 1st, is International Sunflower Guerrilla Gardening Day!


This blog and website is written by a guy who lives in London and he started surreptitiously planting seeds and plants in empty or trash-filled garden beds around the city--he usually plants at night! I loved his idea of making something beautiful in a concrete jungle. It's fun to read about the planting escapades and the pictures are great....lots of before and after. It's about taking a little time and effort to make something pretty and that makes people happy.

Also, on his site, he had declared that Friday would be the "Royal Weeding" and all should go out and pull a few weeds for beautification! You can check it out here.

Although it's still not time for widespread seeding here, I may plant a few sunflower seeds today in honor of ISGG Day. I may also try to find a spot in my neighborhood that could use a few seeds as well! ; )

No comments: