Monday, April 4, 2011

A spoonful of sugar

I've been looking lately for a solution to my storage woes in our powder room bathroom. It's not bad to begin with.....a pedestal sink, workable chrome fixture, nicely shaped beveled mirror. However, there is nowhere to put anything.




The price of a new medicine cabinet, especially really pretty ones from Pottery Barn, was a little off-putting. Neither Homegoods nor IKEA came through on this one. Craiglist, though, ended up the victor.

Here she is....not too shabby with a few small nicks. For 25 bones, I'll take it.




I took off the nondescript chrome knob and added some hanging hardware on the back leftover from my valances.


Hanging it level and centered took some effort, but in the end, it turned out great. I picked up a more detailed knob at the hardware store and.....



Plus, much more room on the inside for things I don't want to see regularly!



A nice, new paint job on the walls would make it look oh-so-much better, but we'll get there!



P.S.....a gold star for anyone who can find the hidden toothbrush in the above pictures.




The DIY Show Off

1 comment:

Tulip and Turnip said...

First, I totally spotted the toothbrush on top of the mirror.

Secondly, it looks fabulous! What a smart, economical upgrade. :) I might have to copy that for our powder room, which also has no storage!