Friday, January 14, 2011

Come on in!

Anyone else out there feel like the house is so bare and naked after Christmas is over? This is one of my least favorite things about the month of January. One redeeming factor is we now have a birthday in the family in this month....but also I do enjoy revving up for some home projects in these dark winter months!

I made this door deco last winter and liked it so much, I decided to keep it and use it again. I got the idea from Country Living magazine. It was really easy to make.  Unfortunately, i have no pics of the process, but here is a pic of the finished product:


And up close....


I chose a bright green ribbon for a shot of color. Then I used my hot glue gun to glue the ends of the ribbon into the hollow at the top of the pinecones. After that, I had to arrange them by length, cut the ribbons even at the top and tie a knot. I like that the shape is different than a traditional wreath, but also wintery without being Christmasy.

Here are my porch pots dressed for the winter until spring:


I used leftover pine boughs to attach them to twigs, using cable ties. Adding some pinecones covers the soil! A little snow looks nice, too.


I am thinking about painting this door come spring.  Something a little more eye-catching...

No comments: