Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Bits of Christmas

I thought I'd share a few photos of Christmas decorations around the house.  All of the decorations--inside and out--take away a bit of the darkness that descends upon us at....mmmm...about 5:30 p.m. each night.

Then, we take them down in Janauary, which makes it such a long, dark and depressing month.  In fact, the only thing I like about January is having time to do lots of indoor projects!

So, it is time to drink in the Christmas decor...for a few more weeks, at least.


Our tree.  Lots of ornaments we have had for a long time!







I crocheted these stockings.  Only the girl stockings are pictured--they are more fun than the boy stockings...because of the embellishments! 



I installed this light fixture last spring...I have enjoyed dressing it in autumn leaves and greenery this fall and winter.



Our entry table in the foyer.  It also gets dressed seasonally at times.  The glass pane was a garage sale find...I think it cost $10?  The small buffet belonged to husband's grandmother!

Merrrrrrrrrry Christmas!


No comments: